Raw, Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar, also known as ACV, is an age old acetic drink with an array of health and household uses. An ‘evergreen’ favorite amongst the natural health fraternity, it’s not to be confused with the commercially processed variety found on supermarket shelves.
Made from fresh, crushed, organically grown apples it is left to ferment and mature in its own time, a process that can take months. The real McCoy ACV contains a cloudy bacterial substance called “mother” that is loaded with health giving enzymes and minerals seemingly not found in the over-processed varieties.
Many of the health Gurus are unwavering that it’s only the unfiltered, raw, cloudy and unstrained vinegars containing the mother that are rich in vitamins, minerals and enzymes and that the clear commercially produced varieties are of little value.
Today we have a an assortment of vinegars ranging from Passion Fruit, Strawberry and Coconut flavors, all with their special health benefits, but none more so than the ever popular Apple Cider Vinegar, or ACV as it’s often known.
The health benefits of Vinegars go way back into history, the first written records being 1200BC by the Chinese, although it is said to have been used by the Egyptians as far back as 3000BC. Ceaser’s army used it to stay healthy and fit, the Greek and Romans promoted it’s holistic values and the Japanese Samurais believed that it gave them super powers.Still Highly popular it is even to this day used by many for an array of ailments, especially by those who favor alternative medicines.
Vinegar is made through a fermentation process using fruit, vegetables, herbs, grains etc added to a mixture of water and honey or sugar. The resultant alcohol is then exposed to the air and bacteria that converts it into acetic, malic, formic and lactic acids and tara…!!, we have vinegar.
One of the best ways to cleanse the body and kill bacteria is ACV. Acting like a sponge it draws out toxins and distributes much needed nutrition to our body parts. ACV is said to be a natural antibiotic. Loaded with vitamins, beta-carotene, pectin and vital minerals such as potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, chlorine, sulfur, iron, and fluorine it has anti-viral and anti-fungal properties, aids the respiratory system, is anti-inflammatory, circulatory propellant, clears infection, boosts the immune system and much more!
More specifically Apple Cider Vinegar has the following uses:
* 2-3 teaspoons of ACV before meals helps digestion and balances your body’s PH level.
* It stops and prevents heartburn, acid reflux and ulcer related problems
* It’s high potassium levels aids muscle growth and stems heart and nervous system problems.
* Detoxing process helps with weight loss and breakdown of fat.
* Used externally it’s a great remedy for dandruff, acne and a youthful appearance.
Apple Cider Vinegar has a ginormous following worldwide with some little known but highly effective external uses:
- Combining 1 cup apple cider vinegar with 1 cup cold water and applying to the face with a cotton ball makes for a great facial tonic.
- If you’re one of the ‘go green’ people, combining 4-5 tablespoons baking soda with equal parts of ACV and water makes for a great chemical-free ‘shiny hair’ shampoo.
- Spent the day in the open and saw too much sun. Dilute 1-2 cups of apple cider vinegar in a cool bath and soak it up.
- Make short work of swollen hands or feet by messaging it with raw ACV.
- It is said to remove stains from teeth, stop diarrhea, clear a blocked nose, kill bad breath, stop hiccups, fade bruises and last but not least, gets rid of bad odors.
Although I can’t personally vouch for each of these benefits I can attest that the internet abounds with 1000’s of testimonials about the miracle powers of Apple Cider Vinegar, all who claim to have experienced life changing results from using ACV as a daily supplement.
I suppose the best way to find out is to try it out!
Here’s to good health!
’till next time, but until them your comments are welcomed.